... Plastic Surgery Seattle your source for information on the services of Seattle cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb ...
About Dr. Gottlieb
Voted one of the Puget Sound's Top Doctors for Women by Seattle Magazine, Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb brings a unique blend of compassion, expertise and artistry to the science of cosmetic surgery.
"He is the best doctor I have ever seen... I enjoyed his careful approach and easygoing nature." — patient testimonial
Renowned for his expertise and skill as a plastic surgeon, Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb is considered to be one of the best and brightest surgeons in the Puget Sound area. With years of experience and a dedicated staff who believes in his mission of safety, comfort and personal service, Dr. Gottlieb has created a successful and growing practice.
Dr. Jourdan Gottlieb was a practicing academic trauma surgeon when he began his extensive plastic surgery training at Northwestern University in Chicago. He moved to Seattle to join the faculty at the University of Washington in 1985, and five years later began a private practice in Seattle; first at Elan Plastic Surgery, and now at Plastic Surgery Seattle.
He has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1988, and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, and numerous local medical organizations. He has a wide interest and experience in aesthetic surgery, with particular interest in breast and body contour surgery.
Dr. Gottlieb's experience includes five years as a faculty member of the plastic surgery division of the University of Washington School of Medicine. He practiced at University Hospital in Seattle, Washington.
Dr. Gottlieb received his medical degree from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, and completed his surgical and plastic surgery training at Northwestern University in Illinois.
Certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Member of the American Medical Association, The American College of Surgeons, and numerous other medical organizations.
Dr. Gottlieb has taught students and trained both surgery and plastic surgery residents and authored numerous research papers.
- Bronx High School of Science, New York, 1963-1966
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, 1966-1967
- B.A.: Occidental College, B.A., Los Angeles, CA, 1967-1970
- Premed: Occidental College, 1970-1971
- M.D.: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 1972-1976
- Surgery residency: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 1976-1978
- Surgery residency: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 1982-1985
- Plastic surgery residency: Northwestern University, 1981-1985
- Associate in Surgery Medical School, Northwestern University, 1981-1985
- University of Washington, 1985-1986
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, VA Medical Center, Seattle, 1985-1990
- Acting Assistant Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery,
- Adjunct Attending, Northwest Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, 1981-1982
- Attending Physician, University of Washington Hospitals, Seattle, WA, 1985-1990
- University Hospital
- Harborview Medical Center
- VA Medical Center
Attending Physician — Current appointments
- Providence Hospital, 1990 — present
- Swedish Hospital, 1990 — present
- Children's Hospital & Medical Center, 1985 — present
- Seattle Surgery Center, 1993 — present
- Washington (#0023270)
- Previously licensed in Illinois, Virginia
- American Board of Surgery (#27822), 1982
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (#33991), 1987
A. Peer Reviewed Publications
- Hines JR, Stryker SJ, Neiman HL, Larsen LR, Gottlieb JR, Craig RM. Intraoperative Angiography in Intestinal Angiodysplasia. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics 152(4):453-460, 1981
- McKinney P, Gottlieb JR. The Relationship of the Great Auricular Nerve to the Surperficial Musculoaponeurotic System. Annuals of Plastic Surgery 1494):3l0-314, 1985
- Gottlieb JR, Lewis VL. Care of Pentamidine Ulcers in AIDS Patients. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 76(4):630-632, 1985
- Kim PS, Gottlieb JR, Harris GD, Nagle DJ, Lewis VL. The Dorsal Thoracic Fascia: Anatomic Significance with Clinical Applications in Reconstructive Microsurgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 79(l):72-80, 1987
- Engrav, LH, Gottlieb JR. Millard SP, Walkinshaw MD, Heimbach DM, Marvin JA. Partial Excision of Residual Burn Lesions. Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation. 8(5):398-402, 1987
- Engrav LH, Gottlieb JR. Millard SP, Walkinshaw MD, Heimbach DM, Marvin JA. A Comparison of Intramarginal and Extraniarginal Excision of Hypertrophic Burn Scars. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 81(1): 40-43, 1988
- Walkinshaw MD, Engrav LH, Gottlieb JR, Holloway GA. Flow recovery & Vasoconstriction Following Microvascular Anastomosis. Annals of Plastic Surgery 20(06): 533-539, 1988
- Walkinshaw MD, Downey D, Gottlieb JR, Engrav LH. Ischemic Injury to Enteric Free Flaps. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 81(6):939-945, 1988
- Engrav LH, Gottlieb JR, Walkinshaw MD, Heimback DM, Grube BJ. The "Sponge Deformity" After Tangenital Excision and Grafting of Bums. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 83(3):468
- Engrav LH, Richey KJ, Walkinshaw MD, Gottlieb JR. Chondritis of the Burned Ear. A Preventable Complication if...Annals of Plastic Surgery 2(l):1-2, 1989
- Richey KJ, Engrav LH, Pavlin EG, Murray MJ, Gottlieb JR, Walkinshaw MD. Topical Growth Factors and Wound Contraction in the Rat Part 1: Literature Review and Definition pf Rat Model. Annals of Plastic Surgery 23(2): 159-165, 1989
- Gottlieb JR, McKinney P, Walkinshaw MD, Sperling RL. Occult Breast Carcinoma in Patients Undergoing Reduction Mammaplasty. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 13(4):279-284
- Engrave LH, Gottlieb IR, Walkinshaw MD, Heimback DM, Trumble TE, Grube BJ. Outcome and Treatment of Electrical Injury with Immediate Median and Ulnar Nerve Palsy at the Wrist: A Retrospective Review and a Survey of Members of the American Burn Association. Annals of Plastic Surgery 165(3):166-168
- Gottlieb IR, Engrav LH, Walkinshaw MD, Eddy AC, Herman CM. Upper Abdominal Wall Defects: Immediate or Staged Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 86(2):28 1-286,1990
- Engrav LH, Gottlieb JR, Walkinshaw MD, Heimbach DM, Trumble TE, Grube BJ. Outcome and treatment of electrical injury with immediate median and ulnar nerve palsy at the wrist: a retrospective review and a survey of members of the American Burn Association. Ann Plast Surg. 1990 Sep;25(3):166-8.
B. Bibliography — Abstracts
- McKinney P, Gottlieb JR. Further Studies of the Great Auricular Nerve. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery — Washington, DC, 1984
- Gottlieb JR, McKinney P, Sperling RL. Reduction Mammaplasty and Carcinoma. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. Las Vegas, 1984
- Reus W, Zachary LS, Gottlieb JR, Heggers JP, Robson MC. Treatment of Experimental Hydrofluoric Acid Bums. American Burn Association. San Francisco, 1984
- Gottlieb JR, Bauer BS, Kim PS, Lewis VL, McKinney P, Harris JD. Aesthetic Reconstruction of the Injured Face with Microvascular Free Tissue Transfer. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Boston, 1985
- Gottlieb JR, Walkinshaw MD, Engrav LH, Eddy AC, Herman CM. Reconstruction of the Large Abdominal Hernias. American College of Surgeons. San Francisco, 1987
- Walkinshaw MD, Downey K, Gottlieb JR. Engrav LH. Ischemic Injury to Enteric Free Flaps: An Experimental Study in the Dog. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. Atlanta, 1987
- Same. Washington Chapter, American College of Surgeons. Sun River, OR 1988
- Walinshaw MD, Engrav LH, Gottlieb JR. Egbert MA. Masticatory Function Following Mandible Reconstruction for Gunshot Wounds. Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons. Couer d'Alene, 1988
- Richey KJ, Engrav LH, Murray MJ, Kao CC, Pavlin EG, Gottlieb JR, Walkinshaw MD. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor and Wound Contraction in the Rat. Plastic Surgery Research Council. Atlanta, 1989
C. Invited Presentations
- Fluids and Electrolytes. Chicago Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons. Chicago, 1982
- Injuries of the Face and Jaws. CME: Management of Trauma in the 1980s. Seattle, 1985
- Management of Burn Injuries. Continuing Legal Education. Washington State Trial Lawyers Association. Seattle, 1986
- Scar Understanding. CME: Plastic Surgery, Seattle, 1986
- Historical Aspects of Penetrating Abdominal Trauma. Surgery Grand Rounds. University of Washington, 1986
- Ibid., Seattle Surgical Society, 1986
- Malpractice. Surgery Grand Rounds, University of Washington, 1987
- Surgical Management of Skin Ulcers. Dermatology Grand Rounds, University of Washington, 1987
- Excision of Facial Bums (Engrav, Heimbach, Gottlieb et al)
- Chairman: University of Washington CME: Common Office Procedures, 1988
- Management of Difficult Wounds. Swedish Hospital Grand Rounds, 1991
Learn more about Dr. Gottlieb and his impeccable reputation. We invite you to meet Dr. Gottlieb in person to discover why so many people put their trust in him. Call 425-450-0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your FREE confidential cosmetic consultation.